Biomass Connect Demo – Terravesta – Miscanthus Establishment and Cultivation
October 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Miscanthus Establishment and Cultivation – Demonstration event
Terravesta, Grovefields Farm, Hampton Lucy, Warwickshire. CV35 8AT
26th October 2023
Come and join Biomass Connect with Terravesta Ltd for a morning learning about miscanthus crop cultivation and establishment at Grovefields Farm in Warwickshire.
The event will focus on research into approaches for establishment and cultivation of miscanthus crops, and an overview of the research undertaken by Terravesta and partners as part of the ‘Optimising Miscanthus Establishment through improved mechanisation and data capture to meet Net Zero targets (OMENZ)’ project.
This will also include insight into the application of drone technology and machinery needed for miscanthus growing, and a soil core demonstration to highlight below-ground biomass potential.
All are welcome – please register to book a place. We look forward to seeing you there!
10:00 Convene, tea & coffee and some light snacks
10:30 Introduction and talks
- Biomass Connect, introduction and overview – Dr Will Stiles, IBERS
- Overview of Terravesta OMENZ and the challenges surrounding miscanthus establishment – Terravesta Ltd
- Cranfield Talk.
- Drone technology and application for biomass crops: how does remote sensing work?
11:30 Crop tour: field walk, including:
- Drone demonstration
- Soil core – rhizome visualisation
- Cultivation machinery overview (planter, forager, baler)
12:30 Q & A – Wrap up, questions, final thoughts
13:00 Buffet style lunch/networking